Saturday, March 06, 2004

Over-Qualified At Last

So, I had an interview this morning for that PC analyst job. I thought the job was doing network upgrades, new installation, etc. so I read up on that shit all week at Chapters. Oy vey. The job is, without exaggeration, installing Office on various Grand and Toy PCs across the country. The interview was a bit comical.

Guy: "So, do you have any experience installing Microsoft products?"
Me: "On my home computer."
Guy: "What about in a professional type setting?
Me: "Ummm, no."
Guy: "What was your specialty at Waterloo?
Me: "Semiconductor physics."
Guy: "So, I guess we can safely say your expertise is a little more low level than Office."

I can finally say that I was over-qualified for a job. I never thought it would happen.

2 Comments:

At 3:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 
At 3:48 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home